Well it has been some time that I updated my blog and I am sure most of you know that this is because I have been traveling a lot lately! April has been a very crazy busy month, and somehow I managed to only work 1 day this entire month!!! This was made possible by some visitors from home. Justin came for a few days at the beginning of the month and my parents visited basically right after that.
I have become pretty good at being a little tour guide in London although maybe need to brush up on my British history some more to be really good! hahah but when Justin and my parents visited I kept them busy with seeing all the important sites that London has to offer and since both of them weren't in London for too long our days were jammed pack with seeing the sites and lots of walking! I even made up a mini itinerary in order to get everything done!
We also saw a few museums (Science Museum, Natural History Museum and Imperial War Museum), Memorials (Albert Monument, Princess Diana Memorial and Monument for the Great Fire of London) and walked through a few parks (Hyde Park, Green Park, Kensington Gardens), some churches (Westminster Abbey and St Pauls) and lots of different tourist sites!
 |
| Mom and I at Princess Dianna Memorial |
 |
| Dad and I at the top of Monument |
 |
| The stairs!! |
 |
| Monument |
I showed them things such as the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace (sounds nice, but it is actually really hard to see anything...this is why I didn't go to the Royal wedding) from there we walked through Green park to Piccadilly Circus. After some pictures we made our way to Trafalgar square stopped for some food. And continued our walk to see the Royal Horse guards and the famous 10 downing street (again can't see anything but cool to see the street). Then it was Big Ben, Parliament buildings and Westminster Abbey. We then walked towards the London eye jumped on a tube and heading towards Tower Bridge.
 |
| changing of the guard |
 |
| changing of the guard |
 |
| changing of the guard |
 |
| Mom and I at changing of the guard |
 |
| Mom and Dad at Piccadilly Circus |
 |
| Dad with a horse guard |
 |
| Mom with a guard |
 |
| classic telephone booth pictures! |
 |
| Mom and Big Ben! |
When Justin and my parents were in London they both got to experience the London Eye, is really cool to see everything up high. They both got to climb up The Monument, it had 300 stairs I think? Good job Mom on making it up, we got our certificates to prove it...that would be my 3rd time going up, don't think I will go again unless more visitors come! Justin and I did Tower of London and saw the crown jewels and lots of different things. We also went to see a show called "stomp" it was really cool, I def. recommend seeing it wherever it is playing! With my parents we went inside Tower Bridge, this I hadn't done before so it was cool to see the inside and see the way the bridge used to bring the bridges up to allow boats to pass!
 |
| Justin and I on the London Eye |
|
 |
| Inside Tower Bridge |
 |
| Tower Bridge |
 |
| Mom and Dad with Tower Bridge |
|
Overall it was great to have visitors in London to show the different sites to and show them where I live here! I will be posting another blog soon about the different places that my parents and I visited around Europe! I am sure many of you have already seen some of the pictures on facebook from our adventures though!
No comments:
Post a Comment