But it is not that I am starting to sound like the British but it is that I use their terminology in order to mask any confusion.
One day I was in a school and asked a fellow teacher where the bathroom is, and she kind of looked at me funny and continued to say oh you mean like the toilet? I am so used to referring to it as a bathroom (but know that people call it other things) that I forgot to use the British lingo of toilet or loo. Here are a few other words that I picked up so far
Canadian - British:
Roommate- Flatmate
Apartment- Flat
Cell phone- Mobile
Line- Queue
Mail- Post
Subway- Tube
Bathroom - Toilet/loo
Garbage- Rubbish
Sweater- Jumper
Pants - Trousers
Rubber Boots- Wellies
Underwear- Knickers
Chips - Crisps
French Fries- Chips
Smart - Clever
Sketchy- Dodgy
Well that is all that I can think of at the moment, there are tons more! But I can't think of them all right now!

No comments:
Post a Comment