Well it was my second visit to see Melissa in Nottingham but this time we had a bit more time to see some of the city! On Saturday we went to Nottingham castle, which it wasn't much of a castle but there was a lot of different things to see inside of it which was pretty cool! There was an art exhibit in the building called "Stripped" it said no photography in some rooms so I just took a few pictures with my blackberry of some cute love quotes that were all around. We got some cool pictures with Robin Hood and with me duck.
 |
| Robin Hood and I |
 |
| Me Duck! |
We grabbed some lunch at the oldest pub in England called "Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem", it was different because it was kind of like being in a cave. We got there at just the right time as it started to get really busy.
 |
| Oldest pub in England |
 |
| Melissa enjoying a drink! |
With our admission to the Nottingham castle we also got to go to a museum called "The Brewhouse Yard: which was right close by. We saw lots of neat things and it was like we were underground on different points!
 |
| Wax on! Wax off!! |
 |
| I'm in a cave! |
 |
| Salut |
 |
| I did have to "mind" my head a few times! |
 |
| ahhh nice helmet! |
After the tourist stuff we had to make our trip to Bench where I bought 3 new shirts and a sweater for 40 pounds. I would say a pretty good deal! I always love going shopping there, I may only by Bench clothing here now haha! That night we met up with some of Melissa's work friends for dinner, lazer-quest and bowling to celebrate her birthday! It was good to meet some of her friends and to spend some time with them as well. We paid so that we could bowl all night, it was a lot of fun and we even made up some dances when people got strikes and spares. I am sure the people around us thought we were crazy...but that is teachers for ya! The next day I had to head back to London. It was good to get out of the city and spend some time with Melissa for her birthday!
 |
| Ya I won!! (Only the first game!) |
I have been quite lazy with updating my blog (and I haven't really traveled anywhere lately) but I went to Windsor, Stonehenge and Bath yesterday so I will give you an update about that trip in the next few days! It is half term right now here, decided not to go anywhere for the week but am sorting my life out right now!
No comments:
Post a Comment