I said I would update in a few days and it is just that a few days! Oh where does the time go! I have been off this entire week because it is half term. I decided not to go anywhere and get some stuff done around here and just to relax (also because we looked into flights wayyy to late!) Well Melissa and I decided that we should at least do a day trip and decided that Windsor, Stonehenge and Bath sounded like a good idea. We found a cheap bus tour to the three and booked it for the Monday and Melissa headed to London early on Sunday!
 |
| Melissa taking pictures of her many Stanley's along |
 |
| All ready for our "tour" of Windsor Castle |
Our first stop was Windsor where our tour was going into the castle that the Queen visits on weekends. I really didn't have a lot of interest to pay to get in, but once we realized all of the time we had in Windsor we decided to go in anyways. It ended up being okay because I found out that I can go as many times as I want in the next year!
Our next stop on our bus tour was Stonehenge but not before we had lunch! On our bus there was an option to have a 10 pound lunch at a hotel, Melissa being cheap opted out on that and had a wonderful lunch of chips (fries) and a chicken burger for half the price! We then headed to Stonehenge where I had heard that it was weird because it was just off the side of a road.Which it is but it is still cool to see these massive rocks in the middle of nothing, it is basically just fields here.Definitely worth it to go and see it though!
 |
| Stonehenge! |
 |
| Me at Stonehenge! |
 |
| Melissa & I |
 |
| Roman Baths! |
 |
| Me by the Roman Baths! |
 |
| Jane & I! |
Our last stop of the day was Bath where we got to go and see some real Roman Baths! Again we had a lovely commentary on the Baths but we opted to listen to the child's version this time! Much more interesting!
We didn't have a lot of time in Bath and it was starting to rain and we were a bit tired from the day but we tried to venture to Jane Austen's house but unfortunately you had to pay for it and we only had time to pop into the museum. So we opted just for some pictures with her!
Overall it was a good day of a bit of site seeing in England. We even got free tickets for a Jack the Ripper walking tour. Unfortunately Melissa was going back to Nottingham on Tuesday and the first tour was on Tuesday night. I asked my friend Charlyn to come with me on Thursday night and we went (along with a slew of other people). I didn't really know anything about the murders but it was really interesting hearing about it and seeing the area that they took place in. Our tour guide was really good and was really interesting to see the different bars and places that the women were last seen before they were murdered. I have been looking at a website that he suggested it is www.casebook.org which has all information about the murders including letters from Jack the ripper.
No comments:
Post a Comment